Thursday, July 15, 2010

July Bloom Day 2010

This Bloom Day I decided to focus just on the flowers growing in my person container garden in the backyard. I'm quite surprised to see how many there despite the orignal plans to keep it purely edibles.

Sweet alyssum "Oriental Nights"

Lemon cucumber

Poppy "Iceland Nudicaule Blend" - did taunt me :9



Parlsey "Italian Flat Leaf" - loving how this and dill and fennel look like mini fireworks!

Heliotrope - kept well away from my Felis silvestris catus "Nomsalot"

Lobelia "Cambridge Blue" and alyssum "Oriental Nights"

A miniature rose (from the 99 Cent Store!) ravages by caterpillars but still blooming :)

Another shot of the parsley

Nasturtium "Alaska"

Summer squash "Early White Scallop"

Sweet pepper "Canary Bell" - the foliage on these are so lush dark green, I'm anxious to see how the yellow peppers will look on it!

And finally, hopefully, the future Bloom Days of my garden...

On another note, at last I've been able to order a camera to replace my lost one! I expect to be taking purty pics again within two weeks - the next Bloom Day should be an excellent one!

(sorry cell cam, you've served well, but you were only a temp)

8 comments:

  1. That heliotrope is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your garden with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heliotrope... love them but haven't grown them in a few years... your flowers are lovely... Larry

    ReplyDelete
  3. TG & LC - thanks! I've found the heliotrope works great in my area, it's very forgiving of our crazy heat waves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to add heliotrope to my garden! Nice collection of plants you've got growing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially liked blossoms for the Heliotrope & the Rose. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Especially liked blossoms for the Heliotrope & the Rose. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to add heliotrope to my garden! Nice collection of plants you've got growing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TG & LC - thanks! I've found the heliotrope works great in my area, it's very forgiving of our crazy heat waves!

    ReplyDelete

Mary's Gardening Calendar