Monday, July 5, 2010

Seed Collecting

Now that summer's firmly moved into my garden I've been harvesting seeds from most of my spring plants. I'm actually very surprised at how much I'm coming up with.
 

 
One I didn't plan on was this radish, it bolted while I was away for a weekend and I thought "hmmm, we have never seen radish flowers, this might be interesting". Well, it turns out bolting radish looks like a weed o.O but the flowers are rather pretty and attract tons of bees so it was worth it.
 

 
And here are some of the seed pods I finally harvested. This fall's free crop of radish in the palm of my hand...mwuahahahahaha.

 
My current list of home collected seeds includes:

 
  • green onion
  • chives
  • sweet peas
  • bluebells
  • oriental poppies
  • cosmos sea shells

I'm hoping to also get seeds from the zinnias, parsley and cucs eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mary's Gardening Calendar