The bed with the blue butterfly runt is doing very well also. You can see that it is happily recovering from my almost killing it by pruning...in fact I had to prune some of the new shoots so it doesn't grow too densely. Dad's old shasta's are in there and about ready to bloom, the Sea Shell cosmos are already there (and mom really likes). The cupids darts seem to be doing fine, they should bloom next year.
I had a lot of help from John on this bed, he helped me to till and amend the soil and to sort out a bunch of clay clods. This time I tried letting the tilled soil sit for a week before planting so the fertilizer and stuff could settle. I don't think that really helped though :/ This bed has had a had a lot of trouble so far and mostly my fault I think. The top pic is when I figuring out where things should go and the second is about a month or so later. There were originally larkspurs, delphiniums, Isaac House scabiosas, white candytufts and bluebells. Later I tucked in some zinnias and catnip to replace some cancytufts and a bluebell that didn't make it. The scabiosa and candytufts had a real hard time in here, transplanted too soon or getting too much sun.
And the last one. In the rear right are hollyhocks; a couple of Carnival ones that I started last year and hope to see lots of blooms out of this summer, and a couple of Indian Summer that can mature next year. Most of the rest of dad's shasta's (keeping a backup in a container for that accidental annual bed), a celosia (there were 3 but two of them didn't make is *sigh* I replaced them with Bright Lights cosmos) and lots of ranunculus along the front. You can just see in the corners in front of the bed where I was able to clear out a space for my foliage leaves (that's what I'm calling them - lost the name tags for them and can't figure out what the heezy they are). The above pic is about a week after planting.